A common theme among beauty products is that they can repair and reverse the damage to skin that causes the signs of premature aging… and who wouldn’t want that? However, when selecting a cream that’s right for your skin, it’s important to examine different factors that claim to make its formula effective. Most people don’t have the time to delve into the details of every beauty product in order to learn more about its ingredients, or to become experts on every facet of its formula… which is why we have done it for you! This review will examine the formulation and active ingredients in Dermagen IQ Restorative Anti-Aging Cream, from Beauty & Truth. We chose this product to review because of its increasing popularity in the UK, and because of its reported use by celebrities to achieve a younger look. So is it worth all the hype? Let’s take a look.
How To Use Dermagen iQ
In order to get similar results to those who claim that the cream worked well for them, it’s important to follow the manufacturer’s directions carefully. From their website, results can vary depending on how the product is applied. Luckily, the “how to” steps are brief and easy:
- Use twice a day. Apply the cream in both the morning and the evening. Anti-aging products are important to protect the skin from environmental aggressors during our waking hours. During the night, skin cells replenish themselves while we sleep, so it’s important to always apply your product before you go to bed, as well.
- Apply to freshly cleansed skin. If your face isn’t freshly washed, skin has a surface layer of natural oil on it. While there is nothing wrong with this natural oil–and it’s important in maintaining the health of your skin–it will actually stop your product from penetrating fully. When you wash your face, this surface oil is temporarily removed, allowing the products you apply afterwards to be absorbed properly.
- Gentle massage. With your fingers, gently massage the product into your skin and neck, using an upward motion. This mini-massage feels great, helps distribute the product, and over time helps to combat the sagging and downwards pull of gravity.
That’s all there is to it! Some of the major benefits this product holds over surgical cosmetic procedures, Botox, etc, is that it’s non-invasive, incredibly easy to use, and requires no follow up care. Not to mention, you won’t run the risk of looking like you’ve “had work done.” (We all know the stories of friends or celebrities who have “had work done” and end up looking worse off than they did before!)
What’s In the Dermagen iQ Formula?
What’s the secret to an effective anti aging skin care product? There are a multitude of wrinkle-fighting formulas on the market, some of which have similar compositions, and some of which are quite different. The product we examined for this review, Dermagen iQ, is a dermatologist-lab created formula that combines some of the high quality ingredients we are familiar with, as well as some that we researched further to find out more about.
We were pleased to learn that all of Beauty & Truth’s products and formulas are paraben-free, as well as cruelty-free (this means that they are never tested on animals). Why is it important to choose a paraben-free formula? Parabens seem to be everywhere… once you start reading labels, you’ll notice them in many personal care products. However, these synthetic preservatives have been found to be possibly carcinogenic. Imagine the risk of rubbing known carcinogens into your skin on a daily basis. That’s why we avoid paraben-laced products wherever we can.
Active Ingredients Analysis
- Stabilized Vitamin C. We all know that vitamin C is good for the body, and that an orange a day keeps scurvy away (thank goodness!) But did you know that vitamin C is actually a very effective anti-aging product when applied to the skin topically? Vitamin C is a highly active anti-oxidant that seeks out and neutralizes free radicals that can cause havoc to healthy cells. It plays a role in all-important collagen production, and can even help prevent acne, and heal skin problems. The only problem with “regular” vitamin C is that it can oxidize quickly if it’s not stabilized, losing its anti-aging benefits. The form of vitamin C found in Dermagen iQ is known as Stay C-50, which is a stabilized form of vitamin C. It penetrates well and can provide all of its skin-loving properties much more effectively.
- Peptides. These tiny little amino acids have a big role to play in anti-aging. In a nutshell, skin is mostly composed of collagen, which forms in long chains. As we age, this breaks down and skin loses its structure and firmness. By adding peptides, which are very small proteins that mimic broken collagen, it actually tricks your skin into producing more collagen. This is what makes peptides so amazing. They help your skin to renew itself and rebuild lost firmness. The right peptide combination could be the most important thing to look for in a skincare product’s formula, according to current research.
- Vitamin E. This emollient vitamin has long been heralded as the “skin” vitamin, and with good reason. Its moisturizing benefits are key in rehydrating tired skin. As we age, we tend to lose more moisture from the skin’s surface, which can contribute to increased dryness, and ultimately more aging and wrinkles. Keeping the skin well hydrated is vitally important to maintaining a youthful complexion. Vitamin E helps skin cells bind to water, which successfully keeps them plumer and full of moisture, protecting the skin and improving its natural protective barrier.
Benefits of Using an Anti-Aging Product
- Reducing visible signs of age around the mouth, eyes, and décolletage. These are the areas that, without proper care, will show age the soonest and develop the most serious wrinkles.
- Providing moisture and optimal levels of hydration. Aging skin loses its moisture faster, and needs more protection from moisture loss.
- Preventing and reversing sun damage. Whenever you’re out in the sun, be sure to use a product with an SPF factor. Sun damage leads to sun spots, wrinkles, and in some cases, even cancer. Vitamin C is a natural way to combat and reverse some of these visible symptoms, so be sure to use a daytime product that contains stabilized vitamin C.
Conclusion & Where To Buy
Ultimately, there are things you can do to slow down, and in some cases even reverse, the aging process in regards to the appearance of your skin. Taking care of your skin now will allow you to maintain youthful beauty for as long as possible — healthy looking skin is gorgeous at any age.
We hope that our review has helped you to analyze some of the information available about Dermagen iQ and determine if this revolutionary product is right for you. Fortunately, you may be eligible for one of their trial offers, now available to the UK. If you are selected, you can try a sample of the cream in your own home, with no risk. To read more about this offer and to sign up for a trial, visit the link below.]
If you prefer to purchase a jar of the cream for yourself, rather than as part of a trial offer, you can do so directly on the manufacturer’s website, or from their Amazon or eBay shops. The links are posted below, for your convenience.
Buy Directly From the Manufacturer in the UK: Dermagen IQ
Or Buy From Amazon.co.uk: Dermagen IQ